CreateApe is excited to announce that our founder, Alessandro Fard, will be holding a Mobile Design Workshop in Los Angeles this Wednesday May 23rd from 6-8:30 pm at the WeWork Playa Vista.
The workshop will cover practical applications for UX, including best design patterns and strategies for each platform, with a special focus on critical elements of iOS and Android mobile apps: home screen, search, navigation, forms, and workflows. No experience in UX/UI design is needed to participate.
The activity based workshop will be focused on:
- Individual and personalized case studies from the class attending.
- Hands on experience with user-centered design approaches.
- Learning storyboarding and user scenarios.
- User testing of paper prototypes using Rapid Iterative Testing and Evaluation (RITE).
- Practical application of mobile design patterns
- NOTE: Topics covered will vary depending on attendee case studies presented. Bring your questions AND your work examples for Alessandro to offer suggestions on!
Participants will walk away with:
- Best design strategy for iOS, Android and Web.
- Understanding the essentials: Reinventing your interface with an agile and responsive approach.
- Document use cases and personas in context using storyboards.
- Selecting the right design pattern for interfaces to drive desired user experience.
- Design usable and effective mobile forms and workflows.
With over fifteen-years experience in the web industry, Alessandro has worked directly with awesome companies like American Express, Best Buy, and Facebook. His work has been featured in VentureBeat, TechCrunch50, Newsweek, and his article “The UX University of Life” was featured in UX Magazine.
As a lifelong learner, Alessandro believes his everyday experiences can be leveraged as a part of an ongoing UX education. Great UX is something everyone can learn and achieve.
Plenty of street parking is available around the building and a parking structure across the street at the Whole Food Marketplace.
Event Sponsored By:
Schmoozd is an offline social event that serves a passionate community of culturally-connected people who are seeking an alternative way to socialize and network. A service from Creativewhiz, Inc., a digital agency based in Los Angeles.